From me to you.

POEM NO 10.

My shoes are torn and stinking
Like a 7-days carcass
Because i can't afford  buying anew,
Nor can i buy soap
To cleanse my hands
And get rid of covid 19
But,
You better put on my shoes
So that you understand.

From me to you.

Wear my nakedness
Which i become
Due to employmentless
And if possible
Take this voter's ID
To tell me, "Is it worthy voting?"

I can hear you sayin
That am lazzy,indolent.
Ooh no no,a big lie.
Am not,
Do you think that i have penies to buy pesticides?

I can hear you sayin
Thatam troublesome
That always i deafen you
With "Life is harder."
It is true
Because that is what i see
And i cannot see the possibilities
Of crossing that deep sea.

OMG,
my empyt stomach
Trembles while
Walking on tarmack roads
Highways
And flyovers.
I cant walk on them
Because hunger is walking on me.

Wear my shoes,my lord

Wear my skin and be me.






Comments

Amos Ngarama said…
Really a good poem. I like the way you have designed it. From me to you. It is better to walk on poor roads with a full stomach than on tarmac road with empty stomach. Hahahahhahahaa good.

Popular posts from this blog

UTENZI:NAKULILIA MAGUFULI

UNTOUCH YOUR FATHER'S BEARDS by mwl Godoni Yohana

Mu wapi malenga? by Godoni Yohana.